Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lamenting to a Blog? Am I crazy?

So, we are just under two weeks into the “back-to-work-and-daycare-for-Hadley” routine.
Everyone told me this was going to be tough, and I believed them- I did. However, I think that no amount of warning could’ve prepared me for this. I just really miss my little peanut. To go from being with her 24/7, to only having her, awake, for a couple hours each day, has been a hugely difficult adjustment for me (I am actually crying while writing this- hormones don’t end with the pregnancy, I am telling you).
Anyway, I am trying to make do by visiting her on my lunch hour a couple times per week, and of course, just really taking in and enjoying those waking moments that I do have with her.
I feel like a big whiner sometimes talking about this, because she really is doing great at the daycare. If she is doing so well, and it’s good for her to be in that social environment, then I should just suck it up and deal with it, right? <sigh>
On the up-side, I do admit that I am getting used to the routine. I just wish that I didn’t have to get used to seeing my daughter for only a couple hours each day.
So, I am trying to focus on the positive aspects that so many good people have reminded me of:
• I am setting a good example for her- Mommy can have a career and still love her daughter.
• It is good for her to be in a social setting- she will grow into a well-adjusted adult.
• It is good for me too- we all need some daily adult conversations.
• I am contributing financially to the family, which puts less stress on my loving husband.
• There are many more reasons why this is a good thing, right?
I wonder if I would have an easier time with this if it weren’t costing us so much money to “suck-it-up-and-deal-with-it”…or maybe if I actually LIKED my job…but I digress…

My next blog update will be more upbeat, I promise! Here is a cute picture of my girl on her way in to the daycare. She is doing fine. She is doing fine. She is doing fine.
(I just need to keep reminding myself of that)

No comments:

Post a Comment